Want a Driving License in Gujarat? We have reviewed the application procedure and mentioned the list of documents required to get the driving license or a learner license or renewal/duplicate of license or getting an international driving license in Gujarat. At the end of the article, we have mentioned the link where you can apply for the driving license from Gujarat.
How to Apply For New Driving License in Gujarat?
Application Form for Driving License in Gujarat
- An applicant is required to obtain a learning license in order to get a new driving license.
- An applicant is required to apply in Form No.2 / Form 4 for the purpose of both learnings as well as driving license, Medical Certificate in Form No.1 (A) is also required to be attached. In case a person wants to obtain a driving license for transport goods vehicle, & to get an online appointment.
- Form 2 is required for Learners License and Form 4 is required for Permanent Driving License
Eligibility for Driving License in Gujarat
- A person should have completed 16 years to obtain a license for 2 wheelers without gear and up to 50cc only.
- A person should have completed 18 years of age to obtain a license for 2 wheelers with gear, Motor-car, Tractor, and other non-transport vehicles.
- For transport vehicles, a person should have completed 20 years of age. In addition, he should be standard 8th pass and should have experience of 1 year driving a light motor vehicle.
Necessary Documents Required for Driving License in Gujarat
Other than the forms mentioned above, you need to present the proof of age and proof of address. The accepted documents are as follows
- Proof of Age
School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Pan Card, L.I.C. Policy or a Certificate from Civil Surgeon or a Doctor equivalent to that can be submitted as proof of age.
- Proof of Address
School Leaving Certificate, Passport, L.I.C. Policy, Electoral Voter I-Card, Light Bill, Telephone Bill, receipt of House Tax with address, Pay Slip of Central/State/Local self Government, or an Affidavit from the applicant to that effect can be submitted as the proof for address.
Fees for Driving License in Gujarat
- The fee for Learning License and Driving License has to be paid together.Rs.25/-as test fee plus Rs.30/- per category of vehicle is required to be paid for Learning License.
- Rs.200/- for a Smart Card Driving License and Rs.50/- per category of vehicle is required to be paid for Driving License.
Examination Procedure for Driving License in Gujarat
To obtain Learning License, Knowledge Test through computer is required to be passed.
- Subjects like Rules and Regulations of traffic, and traffic signage are included in the test.
- 15 questions are asked in the test at random, out of which 11 questions are required to be answered correctly to pass the test.
- 48 seconds are allowed to answer each question.
- A person failing in the test can appear for the re-test after a gap of 24 hours.
- A person who has a learning license or driving license and seeks to apply for an additional category of driving license in the existing driving license is exempted from the knowledge test on the computer.
- Click here for LLR Practices and Mock Test
Driving test is compulsory to obtain permanent driving license
- One can appear for a driving test after a gap of 30 days of obtaining a learning license.
- A driving test is conducted on the same kind of vehicle for which the application is made for obtaining a driving license has been made.
- A learning license is valid for a period of 6 months only, therefore, an applicant is required to appear for the driving test within the validity period.
Renewal / Duplicate of Driving License in Gujarat
- Driving license is valid till the date as shown in the driving license.
- A grace period of 30 days is granted for the renewal of the driving license.
- If a driving license holder comes for renewal within a period of 5 years from the date of expiry, he is exempted from the test, but the license is valid from the date of the renewed license.
- Application in Form-9 attached with original Driving License should be made for renewal of the driving license.
- Medical Certificate in Form-1-A is required to be produced, if, the applicant has completed 50 years of age or is applying for renewal of driving license for a transport vehicle.
- A fee of Rs.50/- with a smart card fee of Rs.200/- is required to be paid, if, the application is made within the period.
- For delay, an additional fee of Rs.50/- for every year of such delay is required to be paid.
- In case of original driving license is from other R.T.O. or State, then N.O.C. of concerned R.T.O. should be attached.
For Change in Details of Driving License / Obtaining a Duplicate
- The application should be made in Form L.L.D. with details of the original driving license and a fee of Rs.200/- should be paid.
- In case the applicant has forgotten the number of the original smart card, then, he can apply for information regarding it by making an application indicating his name, address, date of birth and is required to pay a fee of Rs.25/-.
- To change details of driving license like name, address, etc., then, an application on plain paper with a smart card fee of Rs.200/- is required to be made.
- N.O.C. from the original licensing authority should be obtained and attached with the application.
International Driving Permit (IDP) from Gujarat
- To obtain an international driving license, application in Form 4 (A) should be made along with the Medical Certificate in Form – 1 (A).
- Copy of Existing driving license. Copy of passport, visa, and three passport size photographs should be attached with the application.
- A fee of Rs.500/- is required to be paid for this purpose.
- A permit is issued for a period of one year or till the validity of the existing driving license, whichever is earlier.
- Duplicate International Driving Permit is not issued or renewed after expiry.
- After the expiry of the International Driving Permit, it is not renewed. In case you need it again, you need to apply for the same from the start.
- It may be noted that such a license is issued only for Indian citizens and they are required to be present in R.T.O. in person. So you cannot get an international driving license if you are not physically present in India
Addition of other class of vehicle in Driving License in Gujarat
To add another category in the existing license for two-wheelers
- The application should be made in form-8 attaching original driving license with a fee of Rs.50/- for driving license, Rs.200/- for a smart card driving license, and Rs.50/- for driving test is required to be paid with the application.
- A learning license is required to be obtained by the applicant, but he is exempted from the computer knowledge test.
- Applicants can appear for driving tests after a gap of 30 days of obtaining a learning license.
Addition of transport vehicle category in the L.M.V. license
- Application is made in Form No.8 attaching the original driving license is required to be attached.
- The applicant should have completed 20 years of age.
- Minimum standard 8th pass, and
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in driving L.M.V.
- The applicant should also produce a certificate of training from a recognized Motor Driving School in Form No.5.
- A fee of Rs.50/-for driving license with Rs.200/- for a smart card and driving test fee of Rs.50/- per category of vehicle is required to paid with the application.
- Please note that an applicant is required to take a learning license, but he is exempted from the computer knowledge test.
To obtain badge or authorization for transport vehicle
- The application should be made in Form T.V.A.
- Applicant should have completed 20 years of age and he should be minimum standard-8th pass, and
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in driving L.M.V.
- Applicant should also produce a training certificate in From No.5 from an authorized Motor Driving School.
- He should also produce a Certificate of good conduct from concerned Police Station.
- A fee of Rs.50/- for every category of vehicle is required to be paid for this purpose
Inclusion of hazardous goods category in transport driving license
- The application can be made on a plain paper specifying particulars of applicants.
- The application should be accompanied by a certificate of 3 days training from a Central or State Government approved center.
- A fee of Rs.50/- for endorsement is required to be paid.
- The endorsement is made for a period of one year.
To apply for a driving license or any of the other services, click here. Select Gujarat in the drop down menu